Follow our tan advice for achieving the best possible tan. We advise a patch test at least 24 hours prior to your treatment if you haven’t had a tan with us in the past 12 months.
- Do not apply any type of perfume, deodorant or aromatherapy oils on the day of tanning as these may affect results
- Please tie long hair back
- Remove all make-up
- Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to tanning to reduce sensitivity. For laser hair removal please seek advice from your practioner
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing so as not to disturb the tan when getting dressed
- Exfoliate at least the evening before . Pay special attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet.
- Your tan will begin to develop immediately
- The bronzing mist will dry on your skin in just a few minutes so you can dress shortly after the treatment
- Do not shower, bathe or exercise for a minimum of 4 hours after your treatment.
- The ideal development time is 8 hours. You may leave the guide colour on overnight and wash in the morning
- If you choose our Express mist shower off as follows to control your depth of tan:
1 hour – light sun kissed glow
2 hours – medium tan
3 hours – deep dark bronze
- An express tan will continue to develop after the tan is washed off.
Some minimal guide colour may transfer to fabric. This will wash out of cotton but not so easily from man-made fibres or wool
TAN MAINTANCE TIPS:
- Prolong your tan for up to 3 days by applying St. Tropez enhancing body moisturiser daily to hydrate your skin
- Exfoliate your skin with St Tropez Tan enhancing body polish every 3 days to ensure your tan fades evenly
- Do not rub but pat your skin dry after showering or bathing
- Swimming pools can cause your tan to fade faster